Devlin & Kendall - May 4, 2008

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Intro to Me

This is my first forray into the world of blogging, so bear with me. I am currently going boldly into the world of knitting. I have been crocheting for a while, and with the encouragement of my sister-in-law (an avid knitter, one may even say a knitting addict), I am attempting to expand my horizons. I have almost completed my first sweater. It is a hooded pullover that I am making for my daughter who is three. So far so good, but I have discovered that I make twisted stitches, which apparently, makes me a combination knitter. I am told that there are occasions when people want to do this for various reasons. Once I am finished with this project, I will attempt to figure out how to make nontwisted stitches because I assume that there are times when I will not want the stitches to be twisted.

Anyway, my son is finishing the second grade this week. I know that all the parents out there in webland will understand the sentiment when I say, "Where does the time go?". He is very excited about summer vacation. We are planning lots of trips to the park, library, and zoo. We will also be going camping at least once this summer and are planning a trip to visit family in Pennsylvania over the 4th. My daughter is currently discovering the wonders of the Leapster (a hand-me-down from her brother). This is a great educational tool that I highly recommend for children in the 4-8 age range.

My husband and I recently celebrated our tenth anniversary. My sister was kind enough to babysit while we spent a little quality time being adults rather than parents. It was wonderful. We went to a great restaurant in Bloomington, IN, called The Irish Lion. The following day we spent the afternoon at Oliver Winery. They have beautiful grounds and free wine tasting. It was a lot of fun.

We also have two dogs and a cat, so our house can be quite crazy at times. I believe that serves as a basic introduction to my life. I do occasionally feel the need to spout off about certain things, but I'm sure that will become apparent before too long. I hope that you find the book and movie lists helpful. We recently joined Netflix, so we are gradually catching up on the movies of the last few years.

No comments:


Citizenship Award

Devlin & Kendall at Awards Day

Kendall & Mommy at Awards Day